Your rent is important

Your rent is needed for Housing Services to maintain your home. 

Rent is due by the first day of each month.  Any payment received after the first day of the month is a late payment.

If ever you have a problem paying your rent on time, or questions about our rent payment options, please contact our office at 613-938-7717 ext 14.

 Payment methods
During the pandemic we encourage all tenants to pay their rent through a pre-authorized debit agreement.  It is a safe & convenient way to pay rent as the funds will be automatically withdrawn on the due date from your bank account. To enroll please complete our Pre-Authorized Debit Form and attach either a void cheque or a Direct Deposit Form from your bank.  

You can also pay at your bank or online by selecting Cornwall & Area Housing Corporation as a payee and insert your tenant number.  If you do not know your tenant number, please contact our office.  We also accept:

  • Interac e-Transfer to (Please insert tenant number with transfer)

  • Cheque
  • Bank Draft
  • Money Order

In these difficult times, for your safety and ours, we would like to minimize the need for you to come to our office, when possible. If unavoidable, we will accept debit and cash payments in the office – however, you must follow COVID restrictions (must wear a mask and use sanitizer which is available at the entrance).  Cornwall and Area Housing Corporation (CAHC) main office is open from 8:30 AM to 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM to 4:30 PM Monday to Friday except statutory holidays.

 Rent Receipt
 Rent receipts can be requested online, or you may call our office.


Annual Review

Every year, you will receive an annual review package that you will need to fill out, and provide supporting documents.  Your rent will be recalculated using your updated information.

If you do not provide the annual review package, and the supporting documents, you may no longer qualify for a subsidy and have to pay full rent.

 Annual review forms for families
 Annual review forms for single or couples
 Addition to household
 If you would like to move in a spouse or child please complete our addition to household form.


Internal Review

According to the Housing Services Act, 2011 and the City of Cornwall Local Rule 06 – 2018, you may request an internal review for the following reasons.

Size and type of unit that your household is eligible for

You are no longer eligible for the size of unit in which you reside, usually someone in the household has moved out.

Amount of rent payable by the household

Your rent has been recalculated based on your household and/or income information.

Household ineligible for rent-geared-to-income assistance

Your rent has been recalculated based on your household and/or income information.

Household ineligible for rent-geared-to-income assistance (new household member(s) joining your unit)

If your spouse or child(ren) move in, and either the paperwork wasn't completed or they do not qualify for rent-geared-to-income assitance.

Your request for review must be made in writing, within 30 calendar days of being notified of our decision.  Your request will be reviewed by a committee within 10 business days after the request for review is received and a decision will be given to you within 15 business days after the review is completed.

You may withdraw the request for internal review by giving us a written notice of the withdrawal before the review is completed.

Requests for review can be delivered to 1916 Pitt Street, Unit 11, Cornwall, Ontario K6J 5H3 and should be addressed to the Review Committee.

phone icon Contact Us