The City of Cornwall is committed to supporting and providing quality child care services that promote opportunities for early learning and childhood development. 

Guidelines and Applications for Special Purpose Funding

Alternate formats of the documents are available upon request.  Please email us to request an alternate format.

Please submit completed applications to

Wage Enhancement Grant / Home Child Care Enhancement Grant

Wage Enhancement improves salaries and benefits for child care workers. Funding allows child care providers to increase staff wages while keeping child care affordable for families. 

Wage Enhancement Funding provides funding for a wage increase of up to $2.00 per hour plus up to 17.5 percent benefits to Registered Early Childhood Educators (RECE’s) and other child care program staff working in licensed child care centres as well as home visitors working in licensed Home Child Care agencies. The Home Child Care Enhancement Grant provides an increase of up to $20.00 per day for licensed home child care providers contracted with a licensed child care agency.

The wage enhancement initiative has the following goals:

  • To close the gap between Registered Early Childhood Educators (RECEs) working in the school sector and those in the licensed child care sector;
  • To help stabilize child care operators by helping them to retain qualified RECEs; and
  • To support greater employment and income security.


Who is eligible to receive wage enhancement?

All licensed child care centres and home child care agencies are eligible to apply for wage enhancement/HCCEG funding, regardless of participation in municipal quality initiatives, or current purchase of service status with their local service manager.

Eligible Positions

  • RECE’s
  • Non-RECE program staff
  • Child Care Supervisors
  • Home Child Care Visitors
  • Home Child Care Providers

Ineligible positions: 

  • Cook, custodial and other non-program staff
  • Special Needs funded enhanced support staff
  • Staff hired through a third party such as a temp agency
  • Staff working in eligible positions and are making above the Ministry communicated wage cap.


Where can I get more information?  Call the City of Cornwall’s Children’s Services Division at 613-933-6282 extension 3315 or email us at

phone icon Contact Us

Child Care Division
340 Pitt Street, Third Floor, Box 877, Cornwall ON, K6H 5T9
Phone: 613-933-6282 ext. 3310
Fax: 613-930-7454
Email this contact
Map this location