Ontario Renovates 2015 is now Open
Applications for the Ontario Renovates program will be accepted until 4:00 p.m. November 15, 2015 or until funds are depleted.
Ontario Renovates is a Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing (MMAH) program for low and modest income households that provides funding for the following:
- Major repairs and rehabilitation required to make a house safe
- Housing modifications to increase accessibility
The City of Cornwall as Service Manager delivers the Ontario Renovates funding to eligible property owners within the City of Cornwall and United Counties of Stormont, Dundas & Glengarry.
Ontario Renovates has two components:
- An Urgent Home Repair component where eligible homeowners can receive a maximum forgivable loan of $16,000, which is earned over a 10-year period. Projects that may qualify under this component include upgrades to heating systems, doors, windows, roofs and electrical systems.
- An Accessibility Modification component where eligible homeowners can receive a maximum grant of $5,000. Projects that may qualify under this component include ramps and handrails.
Do You Qualify?
Homeowners may apply if:
Ontario Renovates Eligibility
Maximum House Value
Maximum Household Income
(as per line 236 of the 2014 Notice of Assessment)
- The property value does not exceed the Maximum House Value of $160,000.
- The total household income falls under the Maximum Household Income of $45,000 (as per line 236 of the 2014 Notice of Assessment) - combined income of all members of the household 18 year & older (who are not full-time students).
- The property is owned and, is the sole and principal residence of the applicant.
- Property taxes and mortgage payments are up-to-date.
- Insurance coverage is in place for the full value of home.
- The property is located within the City of Cornwall or the United
Counties of Stormont, Dundas & Glengarry.
How to Apply
To apply for Ontario Renovates, you can print the Information Sheet and Application Form below or pick up the documents at the following location:
Social Housing Division
340 Pitt Street, 3rd Floor
P.O. Box 877
Cornwall ON K6H 5T9
Tel: (613) 930-2787 ext. 2344
Ontario Renovates - Information Sheet (PDF)
Ontario Renovates - Application Form (PDF)
Note: Applications will be reviewed on a first come, first served basis until the funds allocated for the program are depleted. Every applicant will be contacted by the Social Housing Division in a timely manner. Due to high volume of applications, please allow the Social Housing Division to contact you in regards to the status of your application.