(Note: Applications for the 2014 Ontario Renovates program will be available April 22, 2014. Please check back.)
Ontario Renovates is a Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing (MMAH) program for low and modest income households that provides funding for the following:
- Major repairs and rehabilitation required to make a house safe
- Housing modifications to increase accessibility
The City of Cornwall as Service Manager delivers the Ontario Renovates funding to eligible property owners within the City of Cornwall and United Counties of SD&G.
Ontario Renovates has two components:
- An Urgent Home Repair component where eligible homeowners can receive a maximum forgivable loan of $16,000, which is earned over a 10-year period. Projects that may qualify under this component include upgrades to heating systems, foundations, roofs and electrical systems.
- An Accessibility Modification component where eligible homeowners can receive a maximum grant of $3,500. Projects that may qualify under this component include ramps and handrails.
Do You Qualify?
Homeowners may apply if:
Ontario Renovates Eligibility
Maximum House Value
Maximum Gross Household Income
- The property value does not exceed the Maximum House Value of $160,000.
- The total gross household income falls under the Maximum Gross Household Income of $40,000 (combined income of all members of
the household 18 years & older, excluding children/dependents that
are full-time students).
- Property taxes and mortgage payments are up-to-date.
- The property is owned and, is the sole and principal residence of the applicant.
- Insurance coverage is in place for the full value of home.
- The property is located within the City of Cornwall or the United
Counties of SD&G.
How to Apply
To apply for Ontario Renovates, you can print the Information Sheet and Application Form below or pick up the documents at the following location:
Social Housing Division
340 Pitt Street, 3rd Floor
P.O. Box 877
Cornwall ON K6H 5T9
Tel: (613) 930-2787 ext. 2344