Orange Drop is an industry-funded recycling program aimed at keeping hazardous & special waste materials out of Ontario's landfills & waterways.
Residents are welcome to bring their household hazardous waste items
to the City Landfill Site on the following dates:
Wednesday, April 6 (7:30 am to 4 pm)
Saturday, April 16 (8 am to 12 pm)
Wednesday, April 27 (7:30 am to 4 pm)
Wednesday, May 4 (7:30 am to 4 pm)
Saturday, May 14 (8 am to 12 pm)
Wednesday, May 25 (7:30 am to 4 pm)
Wednesday, June 1 (7:30 am to 4 pm)
Saturday, June 11 (8 am to 12 pm)
Wednesday, June 22 (7:30 am to 4 pm)
More dates to come - stay tuned!!
- Paint: Latex & oil-based
- Corrosive: Vehicle batteries, drain cleaners
- Flammable: Lighter fluid, turpentine, gasoline, used oil
- Toxic: Poisons, bleach, pesticides, paints, cleaning fluids, antifreeze, full or partially full aerosol cans
- E-waste (Electronic Waste): Computers, keyboards, monitors, televisions (no wooden console).
- Light bulbs: Fluorescent tubes, CFL ("curly" type), incandescent light bulbs, halogen bulbs, ballasts (non-pcb), etc.
- Other items: Oil filters, empty oil containers, reusable and single-use batteries (please keep separate), smoke detectors
- For your protection, deliver toxics wrapped and labeled in the car trunk
- Do not mix materials
- Identify all toxics
- Bring your hazardous waste only on the designated collection days
- No PCBs, fireworks, flares, ammunition or paint produced prior to 1977 will be accepted.
- For unknown substances, please call (613) 936-6072.
- Do not place paint in the garbage.
- Hazardous waste generated by industrial, commercial and institutional establishments will not be accepted.
Not sure how to dispose of a specific item? Check out our Waste Disposal Chart to find the answer.
For additional information, please contact HGC Management Inc. at (613) 936-6072.
Back to the main Garbage and Recycling page.