|Looking for additional employment opportunities in Cornwall? Check out the Work in Cornwall section of ChooseCornwall.ca for links to job openings at area businesses & organizations!|
|In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, the City of Cornwall is pleased to accommodate individual needs of applicants with disabilities within the recruitment and selection process. Please call 613-930-2787 ext 2306 or send us an email if you require an accommodation to ensure your equal participation in the recruitment and selection process.|
When any position with the City of Cornwall becomes available, whether it be full-time, part-time or temporary, it will be advertised on this website. Please check back on a regular basis to see new postings.
Summer Student Applications
The application period is now open for summer student employment positions with the City of Cornwall.
In order to be eligible for summer employment, you must be returning to school full-time in the fall and be registered for student employment at the Job ZONE d’emploi (located at 144 Pitt Street).
You may register on-line for Job ZONE by visiting their website at www.jobzonedemploi.ca. Once in their website, you will see the Link - “Are you a Student” Enter the link and further instructions will follow. Your Registration Number from Job ZONE must appear on page 1 of the City Summer Student Application form.
Click here to obtain the Summer Student application form
Applications must be returned to Human Resources by:
Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at 4 pm
* Late applications will not be accepted
All positions are dependent upon Budget approval. Some areas where students have been hired during past summers include:
- Department of Planning, Parks & Recreation (Aquatics - Lifeguard, Aquatics - Supervisor, Aquatics - Assistant Supervisor, Aquatic Event Leader, Summer Playground Program - Park Leader, Bandshell-Special Events Assistant, Facility Maintenance, Pool Cleaners, Ball Field Attendant, General Maintenance, Rink Attendants (Summer Term), Jr. Weed Inspector, Animal Control & Parking Bylaw Enforcement Officer, General Bylaw Inspector, Building & Permits Inspector, Planning Student);
- Infrastructure & Municipal Works (Surveying, Inspections, Right-of-Way Control, Traffic Counting, Geographic Information System Assistant; Water/Sewer surveying, data entry, and working with contractors);
- Finance (Accounting/Tax Department, I.T. Services);
- Emergency Medical Services (Clerical – 3 positions);
- Social Support Services (Filing / Shredding);
- Richelieu Day Care (2 teacher positions). Some ECE preferred;
- Glen-Stor-Dun Lodge (Nursing, Dietary, Housekeeping, Maintenance, Recreologist);
- Economic Development (Research/Writer)
Recruitment proceedings for approved positions will commence in March 2014. A general lottery for new students will be held on Monday, March 10, 2014.
Unsolicited applications are not accepted.