Skip to content

Change in Ownership or Mailing Address

If an ownership change has occurred, return the tax bill to the Billing and Collection Section.  To change ownership on a property, please complete the Change of Ownership form together with a copy of the Deed or a letter from your lawyer.

To remove a deceased owner from the tax bill, the City requires a letter from your lawyer or a copy of the Death Certificate and a copy of the Deed that shows joint tenants.

To prevent misdirected or missed tax bills, please advise the Billing and Collection Section in writing of ownership or mailing address changes.  Failure to receive a tax bill does not excuse a taxpayer of the responsibility of paying taxes, nor does it discharge the taxpayer from the liability of any penalties or interest charged for late payment. A service fee of $10.00 per account for change of ownership for property tax or water accounts has been implemented.