Cornwall Stormont Dundas & Glengarry Emergency Medical Services is committed to:
- Quality, efficient and compassionate patient care.
- Ensuring the average on-site reaction time for emergent, urgent and standby responses are one minute or less.
- Working with Central Ambulance Communication Centre (CACC) and the City of Ottawa as the dispatch provider to establish local policy that will best meet the needs of the community.
- Communicating to the employees the expectations of the Service and establishing monitoring processes that are in place to ensure compliance with the expectations.
Cornwall, Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry Emergency Medical Services provides 24-hour a day care utilizing Primary and Advanced Care Paramedic services whom are annually tested, certified and provide medical direction through the base hospital known as the Regional Paramedic Program for Eastern Ontario.
For the Calendar year of 2012 from January 1 to December 31,
- Designated Delivery Agent (DDA) - Sudden Cardian Arrest
55 percent of the time, within 6 minutes from the time ambulance dispatch conveys the call information to the paramedic, Cornwall SD&G EMS will endeavour to have a responder equipped and ready to use an AED at the location of a patient determined to be in sudden cardiac arrest.
- EMS Designated Delivery Agent - Canadian Triage and Acuity Scale (CTAS) 1
68 percent of the time, within 8 minutes from the time ambulance dispatch conveys the call information to the paramedic, Cornwall SD&G EMS will endeavor to have a PARAMEDIC as defined by the Ambulance Act and duly equipped at the location of a patient determined to a CTAS 1
- EMS Designated Delivery Agency - CTAS 2,3,4,5
Cornwall SD&G EMS will endeavour to have a PARAMEDIC as defined by the Ambulance Act and duly equipped at the location of a patient determined to be CTAS 1, 2,3,4,5, with in a period of time determined appropriate by the DDA and noted in the table below.
|CTAS 2, 3, 4, 5 EMS Delivery Agent Commitment|
|CTAS|| Target time from Paramedic notified until on scene||% Target |
|2|| 10:00|| 65 %|
|3|| 10:00|| 65 %|
|4|| 10:00|| 65 %|
|5|| 10:00|| 65 %|